Rumours of the sequel to Army of Two being called 'The 40th Day' are true and EA Montreal have made some big changes for Rios and Salem apparently.
Army of Two: The 40th Day takes place in Shanghai where a number of PMCs are looking to assume control according to an anonymous Joystiq tipster. Official unveiling this Thursday.
While the majority of the sourced information on the game remains rumour for now,is told that the bit about Shanghai is at least very true and the game is called 'The 40th Day'.
The biggest change, and possibly the most risqué if true, is using civilians as tools for cover should gamers so choose to do. The addition of moral decisions could mean Rios and Salem may decide a PMC run Shanghai isn't such a bad idea?
An official announcement from EA Montreal will be arriving March 12th. Are you glad Army of Two returns for more? See below for the listreceived from their tipster.
- The game takes place in Shanghai, where a network of PMCs are looking to take over, under the rule of a leader with a hidden purpose
- Rios and Salem are back, however they've been reluctantly dragged into the conflict and don't have the full story
- The game will feature moral decisions, a deeper weapons customization system, multiple endings, and even a few followers
- Multiplayer will be outsourced yet again
- On the technical side: The 40th Day adds Beast lighting and Fracture, as well as an improved networking system
- Environmental interaction: some weapons will be capable of tearing through thin walls and obstacles in the game; and new AI scripts will improve your partner's realism (e.g., peeking through windows, taking out enemies silently, etc.)
- EA will be tossing civilians into the mix, which you can use as human shields
Army of Two: The 40th Day not rumour, sequel is set in Shanghai
| 0 comments | By Simon Priest